Friday, August 28, 2009

iZO Cleanze: Day Two

I greeted the little black iZO Cleanze bag this morning with a tad less enthusiasm than I did yesterday. iZO Cleanze Founder Tim Martin warned me yesterday that the novelty could wear off ... he was right. It's not that I didn't enjoy Day One, per se, it's just that, well ... there was a whole lot of liquid to consume in one fifteen hour period! And let's face it, as nutritious and complex Tim's concoctions are, a 1982 Chateau Lafite-Rothschild it is not!

Yesterday went by without incident. I liked some of the teas better than others. I prefer the iZO Super Green, Red and Almond Milk drinks the best. Probably would put the Green at the bottom. I noticed mid-morning that I felt sleepy, but that was probably because I'd had a fitful sleep the previous night. The rest of the day, I felt fine; good energy, clear-headed ... until around eight last night when I got a headache that lasted until around four this morning. Not a throbbing headache; more like a dull pain at the top of my head. On a scale from one to ten, it was a three ... and it has decreased to about a one now, so hopefully that will be completely gone soon.

Here's the surprising thing: I stepped on the scale this morning and it registered five pounds lighter. Five pounds? How could that be? (This is a very accurate scale, always in synch with the professional scale at the gym and I weigh myself every morning at the same time, so I know it's not the technology....). Go figure. Hopefully that first day drop will be the last and moving forward I'll only lose at the most a pound a day (the iZO Cleanze literature says most people lose between one and two pounds a day).

Socially, this cleanse has really cramped my style. I've had to say no thanks to a few invitations including a late-afternoon cocktail party in Malibu this afternoon, a dinner party tonight (though I may drop by) and a BBQ tomorrow night. Too, you realize as you go through the day (as if I didn't already know) how much FOOD plays into your daily routine. When you cut out meals, you have a lot more time on your hands. And honestly, taking the iZO pint jar out of the fridge, shaking it, screwing off the lid and drinking it takes a lot less time than meeting a friend at the Ivy, ordering the grilled vegetable salad (with shrimp) and consuming it!

Still, I feel great about doing this for myself and I suppose that's the most important thing.

So onto and into Day Two!

No comments: